In 1864, the brand Steyr was established. In the same year, Josef Werndl established its Steyr arms factory. In 1915, the first Steyr tractor rolled off the production line. In 1996, Steyr Land Maschinentechnik AG was taken over by Case Corporation, one of the world's leading manufacturers of tractors, which renamed the company to Steyr Case Landmaschnintechnik. In recent years, the company has invested more than € 6.9 million in its factory in St. Valentin.