In 1930, Franz Sailer, a farmer and owner of a brewery bought a new Fendt tractor, which was equipped with a diesel engine. Sailer then named the tractor Dieselross (Diesel Horse). This ingenious idea was immediately adopted by Johann Georg Fendt and his son Hermann. That was the beginning of an extremely successful development of Dieselross and Fendt tractors, which lasted several decades. Today, the brand Fendt has excellent reputation as part of the American company AGCO Corporation, the world's third largest producer and distributor of agricultural machinery.